Sunday, January 31, 2010

{Project 52} 1/52

Ok, well it really should be Project 365 but let's face it, I'm going to set myself up for failure if I even attempt to take pictures every day.  As much as I would love to, I know I'm not going to have the time... so I'm doing what a lot of people on the Flickr and photography community are doing and starting a Project 52... you take pictures once a week for an entire year.  It's not only supposed to get you practicing but also to document the year and get you to try new techniques.  I hope I can learn a lot and keep it up.  So.... at least by every Sunday I will try to have a new picture up that I tried for my project that week.  For my first week, I used my favorite subject... James!  He's nearly 4 months old already!

I've been wanting to put together some portable studio equipment at home for the sole purpose of taking pictures of James... but after figuring out what lighting equipment I need and finding the lens I want to buy... I realized I need to go back to work first before I purchase them!  So today, I did things the poor man way... I opened the blinds and put a solid blanket over a chair and put James in it!  I'm so happy he smiled for me.  I think I needed to use a reflector to eliminate the shadows you see on the right side of his face... perhaps I'll try that next time!

Thanks for stopping by! :)

james6

james5

james4

james3

james2

james1

No comments:

Post a Comment