Wednesday, April 21, 2010

John

There's nothing like seeing quintessential Guam at its finest.  In the midst of a completely technological and modern world, it's rare for most of us to see people going back to their original roots.  Not in Guam.  Many of the older locals embrace the simpler era thats long gone, and I'm lucky when I get a photo op of it.

This is John, he lives in Asan and we pass him walking his carabao, Cindy along Marine Corps Drive at least once a week.  He used to walk his goat with her but he said about a year ago someone stole him.  You now see him with his dog but here recently, his dog likes to ride on top of Cindy as they walk along Rt. 1.  I've passed them three times and never had my camera with me, so this entire week I've taken my camera bag to work with me just in hopes of being able to pull over and take a couple shots of them.  Today on my way home, I got lucky!  They were nice enough to pose, and John was a real sport and even took a picture of me with his friends.  He asked if I had any kids in the back of my car because he gives them free carabao rides... maybe next year James!


         
                   

No comments:

Post a Comment